Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Oct 6th Kenya Day 3

First let me say that this is Teri not Jenn. I don't want her to be blamed if today's blog isn't as good... :) To be honest my memory is not so great so I may mess the names up in here. If so, may I say in advance to all that I am sorry!

Today was a very busy day. In the morning we did VBS (Vacation Bible School) at the Mathare Village 2. With the words of Rachel, my best ever roommate, spent the day on an emotional roller coaster - such joy on the faces of the Nairobian children at VBS such deplorable conditions they live in....Just unbelievable....thought I'd seen it all.....really rocked my world today....watched lives change....watched grown men break down and cry.....saw people accept Christ.....lots of joy...lots of tears......really tired....going to VBS in Kenya slum tomorrow then to hold orphan aids babies in the afternoon....Your prayers mean the world to us.

God truly provided for us all on this day. We had 6 guys that planned on going into the slums to do some construction called "Bring The Light" but God had other plans for them! The CHE teams plans were to do this construction in the afternoon so the guys stuck around with the ladies to teach & play with the kids at the school.

I am just not sure who had a better time, the kids or the men? Melissa put it so well when she said that most of these children have never had a man in their lives to play with them, hold them & love on them the way our men did today.

Asante,
The CCC Kenya 2009 Team


2 comments:

  1. We are praying for you all that God would sustain you and use you mightily for His purposes! VBS in Kenya....now that's my kinda thing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Melissa put it so well when she said that most of these children have never had a man in their lives to play with them, hold them & love on them the way our men did today." Good job mom and men! Love, Noelle Roth

    ReplyDelete